Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So, can anyone read this?

Can anyone read the invites below? Maybe a few of you. I certainly can't even though I grew up in a small village in Ohio that was founded by German settlers. Still, even Germans need wedding invites and I happen to have an American Bride who is getting married to her German Groom.

The wedding will take place in Wapakoneta, Ohio but some of the invites will be sent overseas. Our considerate bride took the extra steps to have a portion of her invites printed in German text. With the help of our German groom I'm confident that everything is perfect and wonderful. I think his family will be pleased and touched to receive these invites.

(sorry the photos aren't super good. It's difficult to photograph this beautiful shimmer paper. If you click on the photos you can get a better look at the text.)

The German version of the popular verse,
"This day I will marry my friend . . ."

The outside of the pocket fold invite.

The invite portion printed on beautiful purple haze card stock.

The entire invite with coordinating cards in the pocket.
Printed cards include: RSVP Postcard, Reception Card,
and Accommodations/Direction Card.

Best wishes to Katie who will be traveling over the holidays to visit her Groom and meet his family!. Gute Reise!

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool...Thanks Sara...and I do love the invitations:)

    ReplyDelete