Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just when you thought the cake season was over . . .

After three bridal shows I was pretty sure I'd had my fill of cake for awhile. Since Thursday I had cake three times. (four times if you count the double helping I had on Sat. night - opps).

The Thursday cake was probably the best. Krafty Friend Kat and I decided to get lost in the antique shops of Wapak. First we had to have lunch though. The Cloud Nine Cafe in downtown Wapak was excellent. Kat enjoyed a light but filling quiche and I gobbled up an excellent ceasar salad. I couldn't resist the dessert of the day, homemade, Italian Cream Cake. Yumm-y! Even with me forcing Kat to eat part of it I couldn't finish it and took it home to enjoy later.

Saturday the New Bremen American Legion celebrated it's birthday and of course birthday cake was in order. After the dinner we carried over into the canteen and enjoyed karaoke. The leftover cake was sitting there calling my name. After my sister in law Abi decided to go for a second slice I folded like a stack of cards and followed suit. We had a good time listening to "Adam Cash" and watching "Munch" (my husbands brother) impress everyone with his awesome card tricks.

Then finally today was Adams nephews second birthday. The birthday boy requested a blue cake with green icing and his mom did that and one better and added sprinkles to the top.

It looks like cake is in the future as well. On Sunday, March 22 from 12-4 there will be a First Communion Feature at Emmy's Bridal in Minster. The little girls can try on dresses and there will be several vendors present as well. I will have a line of First Communion invites and thank you cards. Word is Susan Krieg of The Pie Shell will be there with her cake samples, which is always excellent. This event is being planned in conjunction with the Family Fun Finder.

Finally, I have some photos to share of my first brides of 2009.

The first bride and groom of the season is Tricia Brun and Eric Strausbaugh. Tricia and Eric married on February 7th, in the beautiful St. Augustine Church in Minster, Ohio. Poor Tricia! I don't know how she managed to look so beautiful and graceful on what must have been a FREEZING photo shoot!

Photography by Sara Zircher - Heirloom Images, Ft. Loramie, Ohio

My second couple of the season is Tessa Zircher (of Minster) and Matt McDermitt (of New Bremen). They married on February 21, 2009 in Minster, Ohio amidst snow and cold. Which must have been pretty hard for them as they've been living in Hawaii where Matt is stationed. Looks like they enjoy cake as much as I do. (though I don't normally smear it all over my face when I eat mine - I promise)

Photography by Todd B. Acker, Sidney, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment