Friday, April 4, 2008

It’s April – Now What?


I kicked off the month of April by calling my friend Kathy and wishing her a Happy April Fools Day. She loves the holiday and celebrates it with a pleasure that most people express when they are presented with fine jewelry. We don’t see each other regularly but I always think of her on this day so I call.

Most people who know me, know that I express great pleasure when the Minster Tasty Treet opens for the season. Well folks, IT’S OPEN! I’ve had my first Turtle Sundae of the season and it was gooo-od. I didn’t even try to be “healthy” and opted instead to get the regular ice cream over the lower fat (so they say) yogurt version. I have few regrets about my choice.

Which reminds me of something Kim, one of my June Brides recently said. She told me a story about how she was working out at her gym and chatting with another gal who said, “So, you’re trying to get in shape for the wedding day huh?”
Kim replied, “Oh, no, no, no. Every bride looks beautiful on her wedding day. I'm working out so I look good the following weekend when I’m a bridesmaid in my friends wedding.”

Classic! Along those lines, I’ve decided it’s time to get myself in shape for spring. My friend Laura has a goal of running (okay sometimes walking) 60 miles a week. Ambitious. I’m not so sure I can accomplish that but I did sign up for a Zumba class at the Y. Maybe that will help. Probably not eating Turtle Sundaes every chance I get would help too but so what. Baby steps. Anyway, to all those that are also preparing for swimsuit season, I’m right there with you. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment