Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Let me introduce you to my friend, Roy G Biv

Roy G. Biv is a mnemonic for the sequence of hues in the visible spectrum in rainbows, and in order from longest to shortest wavelength:
Red Orange Yellow
Green
Blue Indigo Violet

How exciting for me to have special shelves to keep my colored papers organized! I used to keep them all in one giant stack, which wasn't fun when I needed one sheet of red shimmer paper to work on a proof. "Red" of course being on the bottom. These little shelves (above) were made of the scrap wood from the "real" shelves (below). They worked out perfectly!

Pegboard before . . .

Pegboard after!

The pegboard seemed to be the easiest thing in the world for Adam and Mikey to build. Especially since it was made from a scrap piece that was sitting in Mikes shed just begging for a new life. But I love it the most out of the whole room/closet.

And now a picture of the man that made it all happen. Looks like he now gets to pick where to sleep when he gets in trouble - the doghouse and the paper shelf.

One last thing - we finally saw the sun today!
Hope your day is sunny too!

No comments:

Post a Comment